Sunday, February 24, 2019

STRUGGLE TOWN

Struggle in Ktm


Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal is the city of the struggle for everyone. Searching for better facilities and better education, many people migrate to Kathmandu. But the reality is that nothing can be achieved without a struggle in this city. Struggle for everything and for everyone. Students, as well as officers, face lots of problem living here. 




PERSONAL EXPERIENCE  

 I am a student living in Kathmandu. As a student, I have faced plenty of problems after migrating here. At first, the main problem of mine was finding a flat or room for rent. I was roaming here and there in the street of Kathmandu, the flat I found were either too expensive or very far from my college. It made me feel why did I chose Ktm for my higher studies but after some days I got a nice 2 room flat in samakhushi. But the problem didn't end here, another main problem was to reach to my college. Even though my college is like 6.2km far from my flat, I had to take two public vehicles (microbus) to get there. Two vehicles were fine for me but it was a huge struggle to get a seat in that vehicle and that's what I hated the most. I usually had to stand in such a low height vehicle.
Condition of people traveling in micro bus



The main fear of mine traveling in vehicle was pick pocketers. And there are plenty of those in the public vehicles of Kathmandu. Even though police are investigating those stuff, there are still existence of such crimes. Everyone should be aware about those crimes if they are traveling in public vehicles here.

Another main struggle for me was to manage time and I know its struggle for everyone. You can never trust road of Kathmandu neither the traffic . I was unable to manage time cuz of the bad traffic management . Sometime it took me 45 minutes to get to the college and sometime it took me 30 minutes but one day it took me more than 1hr because of huge traffic jam and I was late in college.

I love dogs more than humans and it hurts me seeing that even dogs are struggling to survive in Kathmandu. The condition of stray dogs is worst here.  
"The city of Kathmandu, Nepal is home to more than 22,500 street dogs. They are commonly afflicted with injuries from collisions with cars, starvation, open sores with maggot infections, severe skin problems such as mange, and infectious ailments. Puppies especially struggle to survive in hostile environments."
(http://www.katcentre.org.np/situation/)

    













No comments:

Post a Comment